Portland

My family and I have gone up to Portland and we stayed Portland Hilton and Executive Tower because a cousin of mine was getting married. The LA family was going to be housed in someone's house but ended up bunking with me at the hotel. I booked three rooms, a first for me! In the short time we were there, we walked around downtown Portland. Didn't get to see much but got a little hungry. After shopping at the Banana Republic, one of the sales associates recommended going to the square (across the street) and order a cheesesteak from the food carts stationed. I think the name is Pete's Cheesesteak or something like it. You can't miss it as they are the only one of three food carts in the station. The burgers seem very popular given the number of "local" customers ordering them. Although a little dubious, it was actually really good and, arguably, better than the ones in Philly.

My previous visits to Portland was usually in the fall and the weather tended to be miserable. This time around, the weather was really nice and I realized that Portland wasn't as dreary as I thought. Or maybe I should only visit when they get sunshine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City