Lake Arrowhead


So I'm up in Lake Arrowhead for the last piece of academic work required for my graduate program. I'm staying at the UCLA Conference Center in Lake Arrowhead. Although I've lived in LA most of my life, I have never ventured to this area despite it being about 90 minutes from my home. I don't usually go to mountains unless there is snow on them!

The conference center was pretty nice. I roomed with another classmate of mine and we stayed in a 'condolet.' A two story townhouse style with one bedroom/bath downstairs and the secondary bedroom/bath in a loft style. I stayed downstairs and the bedroom came with a door. Unfortunately, for my roommate, I tended to come in late at night and it is quite easy to hear if you were staying in the loft bedroom.

Most of the residential meals were pretty good particularly the desserts. I would have explored the rest of the facility if it weren't for the residential. From what I could see, they had a pretty impressive pool/jacuzzi and tennis/basketball courts. Some of my classmates took advantage of the large swaths of grass covered land to play football or wiffle ball. The weather was pretty mild, most of the week was slightly overcast. The lows were in the 40's, definitely not summer weather!

I only ventured off-site once, in pursuit of beverages and snacks at the local Vons. It seemed the center of town concentrated itself around the downtown area and it looked nice. People seemed friendly enough, I'm sure it was very obvious that I was an outsider.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City