Delhi

After leaving Agra Fort, journeyed another 4 hours to get back to Delhi. We travelled in a triangular route so the road back to Delhi was not the same road leaving Delhi. I did notice more universities along this stretch of highway giving me the impression that this area was more industrially inclined. Most of the universities were engineering or MBAs. ;p

Arrived at Delhi and checked back into the Eros Hotel New Delhi Nehru Place. I was able to see the difference between "upgraded" rooms and "regular" rooms before leaving Delhi. The main things I saw that was missing was the amenities in the room and it was a little smaller in size. I was still glad to be in the hotel as my other friends were staying at a friend's aunt's house. The house was nice but it still lacked adequate hot water and no internet at all. :O One of the reasons might be because her neighborhood is not zoned for residential use but the owners of these lots have all decided that they were going to build houses and get rid of their farms. So all the infrastructure comes at the owner's expense.

The next day, I attended a pre-wedding party at the "farm." The "farm" party is a throwback to the family's beginnings in northern India. It was pretty fancy for a farm party though. It was interesting to see the colorful clothes the men and women wore and to see the dancing rituals.


After the party, I headed out to the Delhi airport to head back home. Of note, one cannot enter the airport unless you are a ticketed passenger. They have lists at each entrance to verify your status as a passenger. On the way back to the States, I flew Lufthansa Airlines even stopping through Frankfurt. Being reminded of my trip to Germany, I compared my experiences this time around. The most notable difference is that 1. business class is alot better to be in on the plane, 2. the aircraft temperature was not as blazing hot as last time, 3. international transfers at Frankfurt is still as painful as domestic to international, and 4. there is amazing cherry cognac chocolates in the duty free shops. I also was able to stop at the Lufthansa Senator Lounge. I really enjoyed the array of food and drink available. They even had an omelette bar in the morning/noodle bar for rest of the day. I stuffed myself before getting on the next flight and was thankful since the airplane food was bland. I also tried to sleep most of the flight so I could ignore that I was in a cramped economy chair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City