San Pedro

Staying in San Pedro for a week and checked into the Doubletree San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles. One of the few full service hotels in the South Bay that doesn't charge parking is a great thing especially since this Doubletree sits on the marina. The hotel is a little dated and could benefit by upgrading the interior. Overall, I like the location and the facility. As a Diamond member, I am able to have breakfast and this particular Doubletree allows for the full American buffet rather than just continental. I appreciate that since it is nice to have something hot in the morning. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service within the local area but it is also very easy to walk around San Pedro itself. Compared to Long Beach, San Pedro is quieter but prettier.

In general, I don't make many housekeeping comments but this particular hotel actually tries to conserve the toiletries in the bathroom. You always see the signs in the rooms to "be green" and reuse towels and such. I always hang my towels and they generally get taken away. Here, I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't take away the towels and still gave me fresh ones. On the flip side, they didn't give me more soap until it was obvious that I would need more soap.

On another note, the TV allowed for HDMI input but I did find I had to restart my laptop every time I wanted to switch and use the TV. For some reason, the audio gets disconnected if you turn on and off the TV even though the cable never moves.
King Room at Doubletree San Pedro

Restaurants visited:

Happy Diner

I enjoyed the chorizo omelette for dinner and shared a carne aside french fries as an appetizer. The omelette was huge and hit the spot even though it was dinner time. The carne aside fries were delicious, I would definitely order that again.

Whale and Ale

Located down the street from Happy Diner, this English pub is a favorite of a friend. I ordered the meat pie which was good and the sticky toffee pudding. Since I didn't get as much as I would have liked in London, I was looking forward to having some at this pub. It was good but I don't know if I would go back to the restaurant again.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City