San Francisco

Took a quick weekend trip and flew on United Airlines to SFO. Checked into the Hilton San Francisco Financial District after a brief snafu on the BART. I haven't been to this hotel location in a few years and they have upgraded their facility. There is now a hang out lobby lounge for Diamond and Gold HHonors members as well as the executive lounge opened seven days a week offering breakfast and evening snacks.

I intended to see some friends and family but those plans fell through. Instead I opted to visit the California Sciences Academy. I was intrigued to visit a planetarium, aquarium, science museum, and botanical garden rolled into one facility. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was impressed with the facility. I found most of the exhibits interesting and wasn't able to view everything in one trip.

Afterwards, visited Bi-Rite creamery to have a creme brûlée and and brown sugar with salted caramel and toffee sundae. Surprisingly, I did not like the toffee. It was either too sweet and too chunky for my ice cream flavors. After my dessert, went back to the Hilton for a light dinner in the lounge.

The next morning, I decided to do a culinary tour and started off to Chinatown for egg custards tarts. Finding the bakery closed, I went to the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie factory at 56 Ross Alley, San Francisco, CA 94108 and grabbed bags of tasty and cheap cookies. In need of some breakfast, I visited Golden Boy pizza. I was surprised it was open so early and grabbed a slice of the clam garlic. The pizza is more like a focaccia with toppings. Tasty and cheap.

Afterwards, grabbed a quick to go meal of chicken pot pie from Brioche Bakery and Café. I also grabbed a few tasty macarons too. Went back to the Hilton to finish up packing. I had some time to kill before heading back to the airport so I walked down to Ghiradelli Ice Cream Bar and had a strawberry chocolate sundae. It was actually better than Bi-Rite and learned my lesson to have contrasting flavors in my sundaes. Grabbed a bunch of chocolate as well before going home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City