Las Vegas!

Headed out to Sin City for a quick weekend because of a timeshare deal with Hilton. On this trip, I flew Virgin America through my SPG points. With the news of a Marriott merger, I am looking to spend as much SPG points as possible and it was a fair exchange given that flights were around $300. For Superbowl weekend, Vegas gets pretty expensive fairly quickly. Checked into the Elara hotel late at night and opted to stay in and relax. I had booked a one bedroom suite but my friends had to cancel out at last minute.

Went out to breakfast at the Earl of Sandwich inside Planet Hollywood. I've always liked the Elara as it is conveniently located in the strip and attached to PH through the Miracle Mile Shops. After breakfast, went over to the Hilton timeshare folks and ended up upgrading my membership. Now I have to go on more vacations! Afterwards, went to dinner at Mastro's with some local friends. The service and food was as impeccable as ever. Grabbed an after dinner drink at Cucina.

The next day, grabbed a late breakfast at Tom's Urban at the New York New York hotel. The food was good but the service was slow. I was annoyed enough to even start a Yelp review while waiting for the food. (A few weeks later, management contacted me and gave me a restaurant gift card to return.)

Returned back to the hotel after our three hour breakfast to relax and escape the heat. It was surprisingly warm for February and I was almost tempted to take a dip in the pool. On a last minute decision, my brother and sister-in-law decided to pop into Vegas with some of their friends and they were able to crash their stuff during the day in our room. It ended up working out that we were in a one bedroom suite. Went out to Pin-Up Pizza for dinner and it was delicious.

Flew home the next day to catch the Superbowl because it is always better to watch at home rather than in a bar somewhere.... :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City