DC

Took a one day trip to the nation's capital. Broke into the million miler group on United with this trip. I would have thought I would hear from United but I guess it isn't that big of a milestone for them. Luckily, I was upgraded last minute on the trip. Outbound flight lay over'ed in Houston for a few hours before arriving into Dulles.

I stayed out in the Fairfax/Chantilly area since I was visiting George Mason University. It is a compact campus but very picturesque. I dig the river and pond on campus. Despite being at many campuses, I have found it amusing when high schoolers (and a few older ones too) never believe my words about visiting a campus or consider other parts of the country to go to school.
Before my event, I was able to grab lunch at Artie's Great American Restaurant. I enjoyed my pecan crusted trout and was too full dessert. I did cruise by Duck's Donuts. I have a couple of friends in DC that likes coming back to LA frequently, maybe I should ask them to get me donuts when they do. Apparently very popular in the southern states, they have some locations around DC. Made to order cake donuts customized with your choice of toppings and icing. Pretty cool concept and better than Krispy Kreme.
Afterwards, I had a few hours to kill inside Dulles Airport. I spent most of my time inside the United Club and noticed a few new amenities. Prosecco is now a free option and it was an easy drink to have. This particular location had afua frescas but it tastes like it came from the can. For dinner, I had a French onion burger from Bar Symon. The continued gentrification of airport dining continues with Food Network stars. The burger and fries were good and made me think of Symon's latest show of BBQ, Burger and Brew. Even though I was in business class, the red eye dinner options are pretty boring and I wanted to sleep more than anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City