Bakersfield

Drove up to Bakersfield for a work project for a one night stay. Before checking into the hotel, I stopped by the downtown area and grabbed a light lunch at Woolworth Diner at 1400 19th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301. I wanted to try something new and thought it would be interesting to have a quick meal at an old school soda shops. I opted for a chili cheese dog with fries and a milkshake. It was nice to see the retro signs and the staff was pleasant.

Checked into the Doubletree Bakersfield without any issue. The hotel is very large and there are a number of restaurants in walking distance. Later that night, I had a pleasant dinner at Café Med. I enjoyed my lamb chops, baked brie and baklava. I was later told the Doubletree was one of the largest hotels in Bakersfield and you can see that they can handle conventions or large events.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City