Santa Maria

Went up the central coast in California and spent some time in Santa Maria. Checked into the Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Maria. I've been staying at this hotel for a few times now and I still think it is a difficult entrance to get to but easily visible from the freeway. Now that the pandemic is over, the breakfast served is satisfying with hot items offered. For such a quick trip, I didn't pull out the camera for much.

One doesn't think of Santa Maria as a hotbed of culinary delights but I did find some interesting spots while in town.

Klondike Pizza - local pizza joint where kids grow up on and remember loving it to adulthood. The pizza is good if you want to avoid national chains.

Main Street Donuts - located at 715 E Main St Santa Maria, CA 93454, local doughnut shop in the middle of town. It seems to cater to the working crews as they are only open from 4 am to noon. They also serve sandwiches but I wasn't in the mood for anything that hearty. The doughnuts were fine, standard fare.

FoodTrip - if you had told me there was a great filipino restaurant in Santa Maria, I would not have thought possible. Great bbq and one of the best flans I've had in a long time. There were a ton of filipinos in the restaurant and I think even a tour busvan was parked in front feeding a group. I took my food to-go but I would come back to dine in.

Carls Jr - It is a sad state of affairs when going to Carl's Jr is more expensive than going to FoodTrip. I ordered three meals and it was over $50. I like Carl's Jr but don't go if you don't have a coupon. Learned my lesson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City