Chicago

Went out to Chicago for a weekend trip on United. It's been a few years since I've last visited and i was able to connect with some friends while in town. I originally was going to land in the middle of the night but opted to change my flight to arrive in the early AM and rerouting myself with a layover at SFO. I don't always fly through SFO and noticed a few changes in the food court options across from the United Club near gates 70.

Took a power nap in the morning at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites. The suite layout was cozy but comfortable enough. The breakfast buffet was nice with made to order omelets and waffles. Afterwards, headed into the city and checked into the Conrad Chicago. I did not realize that the Conrad Chicago is a brand new hotel and the old Conrad that I have stayed previously. I was given the "michigan avenue view" king room. I didn't get any pictures but you can see it on their website. With the new location and build, I thought the Conrad had a nice ambiance. This particular Conrad does not have a lounge. For my status, I was given a food credit to the hotel bar/restaurant. It wasn't made clear from the get go, as I took the credit as complimentary for the lack of evening hor d'oeuvres. The room was comfortable but the bathroom is too long. too much can happen outside.

Grabbed a late lunch at the Purple Pig of appetizers and cheese/meat board. Overall, I enjoyed my Maplewood Fat Pug (oatmeal stout) with the tapas ordered. Given the coldness in the air, people were interested in catching a movie and we went over to watch Black Panther. After the movies, walked over to Joe's Seafood Primesteak & Stone Crab. Despite having a reservation, it took an hour to be seated. I would recommend expecting to wait if you come at peak dinner hour with a reservation. I shared the fried chicken and thought it was good but not worth the wait I had. In addition, the banana cream pie was ok. Finished the night with a nightcap at Baptiste & Bottle inside the Conrad Chicago. The most memorable drink they have is the chocolate whip. Decadent and boozy, it was topped with toasted marshmallow and graham crackers.
Chocolate whip at Baptiste & Bottle

The next day I had breakfast with a friend at Cozy Corner Restaurant & Café. I really enjoyed the stuffed pancakes combo. Went back to the hotel to do some shopping nearby before heading back to the airport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

New York City