Conrad Los Angeles

Not too often do I opt to stay in LA but on this occasion I stayed at the Conrad Los Angeles. Overall, I found the location and hotel appealing. 

Conrad Los Angeles King Room


Disney Hall view from lobby bar

Rooftop seating area

Disney Hall view from room

Pros

For those who are paying cash rates, the resort fee includes a small dining discount. Likely to encourage you to spend time in their two bars or two restaurants. For Diamond members, you get a $25 per person credit (usually $50). 

There is no car service but the concierge will request a Lyft ride for any destination within the area. Probably cheaper for them to request Lyfts than to have a few cars on hand to drive people around. 

Public areas are smartly designed to maximize occupancy without feeling too cramped.

They have coffee/tea service in the morning in the lobby.

They have a make your own herbal tea bar in the Spa.

They lobby bar will still serve food until last call.

Cons

Often, US based Conrads tend not to give Diamond members the Conrad mascot property toy and I was told that they did not have any in stock by the front desk. Even though I was asked by the Concierge a week in advance of my arrival if they could do anything to assist, they said it would be available. I will say that the cookies given were very nice and tasty. 

Diamonds can expect no upgrade except to a higher floor standard room. I would say that after being on the 28th floor, the view isn't very different from 13 to 28 as the hotel already sits on top of hill. I would recommend the west or north facing rooms rather than south. If you are west view, you could catch the Hollywood sign if visibility is good.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City