Kona



Ok, I tiptoed into an introductory timeshare membership with Hilton and stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Big Island. Of the three timeshare facilities I've seen and/or stayed at, this one was the nicest. It wasn't a tall tower like the one in Waikiki or the self contained fortress on the Las Vegas Strip, this particular property had a nice bungalow condo living feel. The room was pretty nice, we had a golf course view in a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. It felt bigger than my own condo. Full kitchen facilities, stackable washer/dryer unit and a HUGE master suite. I was impressed enought to ALMOST buy into the timeshare but my friend knocked some sense into me and we got out of there after the "meeting."

Being on Big Island with two newbies, we stayed for about three full days and three nights. A long weekend or short vacation (depending on how you name it), we trekked around the island.

Went "coffee tasting" at the various Kona coffee plantations and bought alot of coffee. My friend has an affinity for coffee ice cream and was always excited to see one selling ice cream. Drove to the volcano and got to do some minor hiking and very cool vistas of an active volcano. Also got to Hilo and did my obligatory visit to Big Island Candies but missed the weekend Farmer's Market. Saw Rainbow Falls in Hilo which was very cool as it was raining on that side of the island and the waterfall was at its fullest. Also visited Peakunuma (sp?) Bay and kayaked around and saw some amazing fish life and corals.

(Also went to almost every single McDonald's I passed and bought fried apple pies for myself, I also shared, and coffee for my friend.)

Comments

MrVudoo said…
where are the pictures?
betty said…
Here's some

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City