A very cold New York City

I'm here for work and play. Have an information session and a wedding reception to attend. My two brothers decided to tag along and I've been playing tour guide. Stayed in the Midtown East area, pretty nice. Aside from the rain on the first day and the last night, it was pretty doable weather. Staying at the Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel. Nice enough, slightly rough at the edges. I was surprised that the Front Desk refused my request for Double Beds, shrug. When I got home, I realized that I also had a "formal" upgrade request and the hotel didn't even bother accommodate despite having the rooms for it. I have to say that NY hotels are pretty cold, I guess I'm not baller enough for them. The rooms were nicely furnished, cozy is what New Yorkers would term the size of the room. Although the entire time we were there, the tv feed was staticky. :O I was surprised to be invited to a wedding reception inside a Radison. Without fail, my friend choose the nicest Radison ever with one of the nicest looking banquet chinese restaurants inside the hotel. He looks really tired.... :D I was even more tired eating the 10 course feast he put us through. A nice touch that I haven't seen at Chinese weddings was the dancing dragon inside the restaurant. For such a tight layout, the people did pretty well in negotiating the space they had.

Had pizza at Patsy's at the request of getting authentic NY pizza from my brother. Compared to Lombardi's and John's, I like Patsy's the most. I've told my NY friend I have to go to Grimaldi's next for comparison purposes. Went to the Met for the first time, that was cool. I was able to introduce my brother to my other NY favorites - bagels. I'm sure I can reliably get good bagels from any bagel making shop in Manhattan but I favor David's off the L line on 1st Ave. Also, my most favorite McDonald's in the continental US sits on Times Square across the street from the Hilton Times Square. I quote "a gangsta McDonald's", they are the only location that make mini doughnuts - plain, cinnamon sugar, and powdered. Better tasting and cheaper than Hostess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City