San Francisco

I feel like it always rain in San Francisco. I've been told that it is quite sunny in the Bay area, so I must have impeccable timing. This weekend, Chinatown is throwing a Lunar New Year street fair and parade. The last time I was in SF for the lunar festival, it also rained cats and dogs. Although everyone still perseveres, tough little buggers.
Stayed at the Hilton SF and the Hilton Financial District. The Hilton SF is undergoing major renovations in their lobby area including their restaurant area. Apparently, they are expanding the convention space but it was fairly unobtrusive when I checked in. Here is a city view from the room.

As I came in early for a Sunday work event, went out and saw an old friend from back in the day. Went to Sudachi on Sutter and Polk. Japanese sushi restaurant, very modern and the food was good. Not super dark as some other restaurants and the staff was super attentive. My friend said that past criticisms of the restaurant was bad service, we certainly didn't receive bad service. Afterwards, went to Element. Not a bad lounge/club, alot of asian people in the mix. Odd mix of music at times but mostly hip hop and rap.

During daylight hours, I was consumed with buying alot of bbq pork buns and red bean sesame balls at various bakeries in Chinatown. Had some roast duck and soy sauce chicken to balance the finger foods I kept buying. Went to Marketplace near Pier 1. I've never been to this area of SF, I was duly impressed. Had some good cupcakes, bread, and chicken pot pie. Cupcakes from Miette Bakery (organic bakery), bread from Acme Bread Company (uses wheat flour but you couldn't tell), and the chicken pot pie from Golden Gate Meat Company. Definitely have to come back and try the rest of the food in this area.

I'm hosting a reception and decided it was more economical to book a suite than a meeting room. Moved to the Hilton SF Financial District as it was recently renovated/converted and has a much more updated look than the Hilton SF. I am staying at the Presidential Suite and it is certainly very nice. The room is about 1200 square feet and very cool. The living room has a telescope to look out into the city, double rimmed bathrub, dual showerhead (one on ceiling), and two balconies.


More pictures are available on my facebook page for those interested. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City