Houston

In Houston for a nanosecond. Ok, not that short but I feel tired this week. Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Flew to Houston at the crack of dawn on Friday and I was kicking myself for scheduling such an early morning flight. Had to layover in SFO for 3 hours and spent fighting with my computer's wireless card to stay connected to the the Tmobile hotspot. These are the times when I envy people with PDA phones and/or national wireless cards. Luckily, when I called at my hotel, they were nice enough to give me back my money.

Staying in the Galleria area - Hilton Garden Inn. The area seems pretty nice, reminds me of South Coast Plaza's neighborhood and there are a string of hotels here as well. Ended up deciding to stay at the HGI because of the room rates but I was trying to convince myself to stay at the Homewood Suites just across the way since it was a block closer to my event. It all worked out as the HGI has courtesy cars that will drive within 3 miles (actually all the hotels have courtesy cars in this area), more than enough for my purposes. I rented a car to get around houston - mainly to and from the airport to hotel - but driving in the immediate area is a pain. Houston traffic is pretty bad and they have as many lanes as LA. :D The room is your standard layout but I'm on a corner so I have a pleasant view of the top floor of the garage as well as Nordstrom. Doesn't matter much as I have a finance midterm on Monday and should be focused on that.

Had dinner at two of the 'Papa' restaurants. I think I'm beginning to grow out of TX bbq, a little too sweet for my taste and the pecan pie was super sweet at Papa's BBQ. I should go back to Atlanta to visit my friend and get some Fatt Matt's bbq. :p Or convince someone to go to Alabama for Dreamland bbq. Went to Little Papasito's the next night, Tex Mex is OK. Reminds me of a better version of Chevy's. I did enjoy their mango margarita. Suprisingly, a drink not commonly made well in mexican themed restaurants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City