Mammoth Mountain

With the recent storms in California, I decided to make a day trek up to Mammoth and check out the snow conditions. Left late in the evening towards Mammoth and was planning on making an overnight stay in Bishop. Unfortunately, I was too tired to get past Lone Pine. After stopping at several lodging facilities in town, the Dow Villa Motel was our best option at $55 for the night. The front desk person was willing to give me 10% discount after some chit chat and it being almost midnight. The room was spartan but very functional. If I had to stay in Lone Pine, I would be willing to stay here again.

Headed up to Mammoth mountain the next day, stopping in Bishop for some snowboard repairs. Had a blast snowboarding even though the snow was a bit packed and not enough powder for my taste.

After leaving the mountain, stopped in Bishop again to eat some bread and crunch cake from at Erick Shat's Bakery for the road trip home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City