Los Angeles



I'm here for school and opted to stay near campus for the weekend residential. I haven't used points in awhile and used it for this stay. I normally wouldn't but there seems to be a convention and all hotel rates are really expensive in the area. Typically around $100 on the weekends, it was double for this particular weekend. Staying in the Hilton Checkers and it is a roomier stay this time around. I was given a corner room on one of the top floors, the views ain't bad. I really need to start remembering to bring VGA cables with me since hotels are beginning to let you tap into the flat panel TVs. The multi-media port on the credenza would have been nice to watch some DVD movies. I was also surprised to see a welcome snack of petit fours as well as turn down service. I know it sounds strange but I do enjoy having turn down service and have missed it when the hotels starting pulling back these kinds of services.

Grabbed dinner with some classmates at Roy's. Started out with an appetizer of tuna sushi. I really liked the Barramundi entree with the coconut alfredo sauce the last time I was here and I ordered it again. Of course, finished the night off with the chocolate souffle. I do see myself at a Roy's very soon as one of my dinner-mates gave me a $20 coupon since it was expiring very soon and he was taking off for Atlanta.

The next day, I opted to have breakfast at the hotel rather than have the continental breakfast offered at school. I remembered the waffle being good and this time thought to try the french toast. It was good but I think I would have preferred the waffle.

Since I was on my lunch for lunch and dinner, corralled some of my classmates for lunch. For the lunch break, wandered over to Gil's Indian Restaurant which is located inside the Stillwell Hotel. The entrees were good but a little pricey for lunch on a Saturday. The lunch buffet during the week is the best deal.

Before going home for the day, went to Urban Noodle with a classmate for a light dinner. They have a dim sum appetizer menu and noodles entrees. I ordered the sticky rice chicken and shared some chicken wings and pepper chicken noodles. I wouldn't order the sticky rice chicken but the noodles were good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City