Las Vegas!

Made this trek a road trip and overnighted in Sin City. I arrived early enough in Las Vegas to check out the Costco in hopes of snagging some good gift card options. I was not able to find anything interesting unless I wanted to turn around and visit San Diego. :s

Master Bedroom
Living Room




Second Bedroom
Checked into the Hilton Grand Vacations Club Las Vegas. I intially booked two studios but merged them into a two bedroom suite once I checked in. The front desk was nice enough to uprgrade me for a small nominal fee. As any timeshare hotel, it was a typical two bedroom apartment style layout. Luckily, I was planning on leaving early the next day because check out is at 10 am.










Afterwards, headed to Bacchi Burger. There are two locations and I visited the one near the airport. The restaurant opens at noon and I was suprrised to find there was already a wait. This place gets busy quick! I ordered the spicy miso burger and shared orders of the salt & peper garlic fries and truffle parmesan cheese fries. I'm not quite sure if I really got the s&p garlic because there were jalepenos tossed in the fries but it was delish! I was ok with the truffle fries. The burger had a nice size and the buns reminded me of hawaiian bread. It went will with the burger flavors. The homemade pop tart as the dessert was a perfect finish to this meal.
Salt and pepper garlic fries

Homemade pop tart


Spent the rest of the afternoon fiddling with some car troubles and didn't get to the pool as planned. After temporarily resolving those issues, had dinner at Table 10. I enjoyed my bone marrow appetizer and pork rack entree. After some deliberation, the ice cream sandwich dessert won out. It was an  oreo like cookie with vanilla ice cream. There really isn't anything that can go wrong in this scenario. :)

Bone Marrow














Split Pork rack entree




















Afterwards, watched The Blue Man show. I found the street performer music performance interesting but it lacked a theme in my opinion. The strobe lights were a bit much at times. Interesting but I wouldn't come back for a second showing.

The next day, enjoyed lunch at Secret Pizza inside the Cosmopolitan hotel. You won't find signs of any sort and it is tucked behind the elevators on the third floor. It is in the same area as DOCG and STK. I have been told it rivaled Grimaldi's pizza but I couldn't quite agree after having the vegetarian and pepperoni/meatball slices. I did find the vegeterian more appealing because the crust held better. The meat pizza slice oozed too much grease and it did make some of the dough a little soggy. Overall, a pretty good place for where I was at the time.

Wandered over to the Marquee day club to check out this pool club scene. The pool was a normal size pool but small given the number of people in the area. Eventually, it was standing room only in the pool and people were "gently persuaded" to pay lounge chair service to park their butts in. I did enjoy the DJ at the time but not enough for me to do a day club. I think I'm happy with the regular folk at normal pools. :)

Before heading home, grabbed dinner at Max Brenner. The idea of a chocolate restaurant appealed to me and I looked forward to trying this restaurant. I ordered the steak panini which was tasty. For the chocolote themed items, the hot chocolate was excellent. For dessert, I shared the melting heart truffle cake with a shot of milk chocolate. It was good but I think I preferred Roy's souffle cake in the end. I did pass through their gift shop and enjoyed the praline pecans. I think the candies might be more of a strength then their baked goods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City