Denver

Flew out to Denver International Airport on United Airlines for a work conference. I had forgotten how far outside the city the airport is located and I decided to rent a car instead of taking a taxi. Unfortunately, thunder storms and flash flooding was the weather outlook in my two days in Denver. When I landed, I picked up my car from Thrifty and chose a Mazda 2. I liked the size but I didn't like that the car lighter wasn't working which made using my GPS difficult. I don't turn off my GPS because it will turn itself off when not charging.

Checked into the Sheraton Denver Downtown and was given a club room. The hotel is very big and it had two separate buildings. The club rooms were located in the Tower Building which is connected through the conference/meeting room area. The room was nice and pleasant. I did notice some water issues with the a/c unit but it seemed to dry itself out by the next day. 

The next day, I went out during lunch and avoided the cold salad lunch buffet for a trip to Best Buy for office supplies as well as a snack from Sugar Bakeshop. I had seen the store from Unique Eats and wanted to try their hand pies (homemade versions of pop tars). The pies were goo but best if it was warmed up.

For dinner, went to Tacobe. It is a Native American taco joint featured on Diners,Drive Ins, Dives. The stuffed fry bread and bison ribs were very good. Instead of tortillas, the starch is fry bread and it had an almost churro or Chinese doughnut texture. 

The next day, I went out to Denver Biscuit for breakfast and avoided the runny scrambled egg concoction at the conference. The Sheraton Club Lounge was a continental selection and I wasn't in the mood for either option. Shared the cinnamon biscuit roll and ate a fried chicken biscuit sandwich. The cinnamon biscuit is huge and was so good that my colleagues ordered two to go as did I. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City