Tennessee

On this trip, went out to visit friends in the Nashville adjacent area. I flew into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport on United Airlines and drove up to Cookeville, an hour east of Nashville. On the way to Cookeville, went through Chattanooga and stopped at Aretha Frankenstein for breakfast. I haven't been to Chattanooga since attending a wedding in the previous decade. Since then, things like the Food Network show has made the restaurant popular and was featured in Rachel Ray's $40 trip show. The food was as delicious as last time and I took biscuits and pancake mix to go. It isn't a big place and I don't recommend large groups coming here to eat. I enjoyed my Super Dave scramble with biscuit and side of pancake. The pancake is not the typical pancake and you'll have to try it to see what I mean. I also discovered a new drink, fauxmosas. They serve cider beer with orange juice and I found the combination very good. I am definitely taking that tidbit with me home.

Arrived into Cookeville and enjoyed dinner at The Cooke House at 319 E Spring St, Cookeville, TN 38501. Service was friendly and food was good. We went family style and shared most of the appetizer plates. Afterwards, went to Spankie's and Crawdaddy's West Side Grill for a nightcap before turning in.

The next day, went back to Spankie's for breakfast and enjoyed a nice brunch. To work out all the food consumed so far, took a leisurely walk at Burgess Falls State Park. There was a recent flood in the area and there were a number of closures inside the park. I was able to see the falls at a very great distance and walked back out. 

Before heading to the Nashville International Airport, stopped at Martin's Grill for some bbq. The bbq was good and they have a really spicy bbq sauce. It was really good and I didn't throw away the sauce but kept it in my fridge until consumed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City