Columbus Ohio

Went out on United to the capital of Ohio for work. Checked into the Doubletree Suites Columbus. It was down the street from the Sheraton where the conference was held. In this particular trip, I had a reservation also with the Sheraton Columbus at Capital Square. A coworker was in need of a room when the hotel sold out. Not too often do I get to have two hotels in one trip.

I decided to visit my co-worker and get dinner at the Sheraton. Due to the lateness of my arrival, I ended ordering room service and had  Caesar salad with a decadent pyramid dessert. The chocolate mousse cake was very good. The room service prices were very reasonably priced. It isn't too often that I see that in the U.S.

The next day, I had lunch inside North Market. It is a gourmet marketplace and food stalls. I had fried chicken, banana pudding and sweet tea from Hot Chicken Takeover and a doughnut from Destination Donuts. I'd visit the chicken place again but I would bypass the donut place. For dinner, went south of downtown to Schmidt's. The number of Germans is very high in this part of the country and there is still a small Bavarian town in Columbus. The pork shank was awesome as was the pretzel nuggets.

The next day, lunch was at Dirty Frank's and had ok gourmet hot dogs. The tater tots were good. Since I was taking an evening flight home, I ended up having dinner inside O'hare International Airport and tried Tortas Frontera. It is popular in Chicago but I can find similar tortas better and cheaper at home. For those that are fans, they heavily advertise ordering ahead online. The times I've been at the airport, there are no lines. I have only heard of the epic lines that Yelpers complain about.

I was able to experience the new United Clubs inside O'Hare. I can see the money investment in the clubs. It makes me think that the US carriers must be getting more international folks flying through. I say this because the international lounges are very nice when you visit the star alliance home lounges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City