Park City

Headed out to Park City for some snow action. With the heavy rains this winter, the snow season is here! Jumped onto a United Airlines flight and spent the weekend with friends at the Sunrise Lodge. I was able to get two rooms, one one bedroom and one studio, for the group. Landed late and grabbed a quick bite at the McDonald's down the street before they closed for the night. Being in Utah, I automatically assumed most places would not be open late.

The next day, headed out to Snowbird resort to get some powder. The snow was great but the visibility was poor. After going down the mountain, called it quits for the day. The group was tuckered, one from an injury sustained on the mountain and the other didn't like her skiing lesson.

I had intended to go to the Canyons resort the next day. Sunrise sits in the Canyons resort BUT the room was flooded overnight from a busted water pipe. With the snow plans dashed, spent the day snow hiking at a nearby mountain. It was interesting to snowshoe but I think I would have preferred tighter shoe wear. Since I was renting, they had an overboot to cover the tennis shoes I was wearing. It wasn't easy to navigate and I would recommend wearing boots. Afterwards, went to Sports Bar & Grill to kill some time and the food credit we received for sitting through an owner's update meeting.

Upon returning to the Lodge, we were able to get transferred to the Waldorf Astoria Park City. It was smaller than the Sunrise but it was amped up in terms of amenities. Viking appliances, full washer/dryer stackable, and fireplaces in both living room and bedroom.
Waldorf Astoria Park City Kitchen - One bedroom suite

Waldorf Astoria Park City Balcony View of outdoor heated pool

Waldorf Astoria Park City King Bedroom

Waldorf Astoria Park City King Bathroom
At night, the group went to Ghidotti's for dinner. The food was delicious and unpretentious. The service was good and we all enjoyed our meals. I ordered the oxtail gnocchi and it was delicious. I don't know if I would do the chocolate cake but the gelato was a hit with the group despite below 0 degree weather.

Since the lodging issue was settled, I spent the next day enjoying Canyons before flying home at the end of the day. I spent the morning snowboarding in bright sunny conditions. The snow wasn't as nice as the first day but I could see. The nice thing about the Waldorf is that there is a gondola right outside the entrance and make it easy to ski in and out. Came back to the hotel in time to shower and pack before heading to the spa for a quick pedicure.
Canyons Resort

Afterwards, headed out to the airport to go home. I almost got bumped off the flight but they did not need the volunteers after all. It might have been better given that United ran my snowgear over with a cart and half my clothes were gone. One of my boots was destroyed and the snowboard bag was completely wrecked. I'm still waiting to hear back from United regarding the reimbursement. They did send me a $150 voucher for the actual bag.
Damaged boot from United Airlines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City