Boston

It’s been a few years since I last visited Bean Town. Caught a afternoon direct flight on United Airlines. I landed fairly late in the evening and was surprised how busy the airport was. It took about 15 minutes for the taxi to get out of the airport and into the city. The Hampton Inn Boston Crosstown Center actually offers an airport shuttle but it didn't operate at the time I landed. Comparing Uber and the regular taxi, it ended up being the same amount of money and no waiting for the regular cab.

Hampton Inns have been a reliable brand for me and I've always enjoyed my stay. Outside of the check-in process, I found the hotel updated and roomy. Looking back, I think the front desk person could have been a little bit more helpful given that it was near midnight and no one was around. I had picked the accessible room on the mobile check-in so I can't tell if my room was roomier because of the ADA or if all rooms are that spacious. Word of caution, the hotel is next to a major hospital and the room is equipped with ear plugs. The ambulance does run quite frequently and if you are a light sleeper, try to choose another location.
Hampton Inn Boston Crosstown Center

For dinner, I decided to order on Uber Eats and ordered from Moonshine 152. The menu had English sticky toffee pudding on the menu. Unfortunately, it ended up being bread pudding which isn't the same thing. I also ordered the fried chicken and waffles. The bourbon sauce and butter must have absorbed into the waffle because it was very soaked with something. I can only hope that the presentation eating inside the restaurant is better. The fried chicken c
ould have been crisper. Overall, the meal was fine but I don't know if it was worth $40.

The next day, I had dinner at Myers + Chang. It labels itself as an Asian fusion restaurant. I ordered the boar dan dan noodles and dumplings. I finished the meal with the chocolate affogato which was delicious. Also an expensive meal but better than Moonshine.
Westin Copley Place Junior Suite Side Angle

Westin Copley Place Junior Suite 

The next day, I found a great rate at the Westin Copley Place. I was happy to get an upgraded room (junior suite) and given a late checkout as well. I don't know if the upcoming merger with Marriott has an influence but it seems that they are trying harder with the platinum members. The lounge was nice. I think I came too early for the hot hors-d'oeuvres because it was only cheese and meats out. After switching to the Westin, I had dinner at Stephanie's on Newbury with some friends. I enjoyed my lobster roll and the shared tiramisu. The service was a little off putting at first but the waitress warmed up to us and it ended well. In the morning, the breakfast was a simple continental. 

After breakfast, I spent the day walking around the back bay area and shopping for clothes taking advantage of the no sales tax on clothes. I met up with family in the afternoon and checked into the Le Meridien Cambridge MIT. The upgrade was a corner room in the hotel, not quite what I got from the Westin but it wasn't bad. I don't recommend getting taxis in the city as it was almost twice the cost of Uber to go from Back Bay to Cambridge. 
Le Meridien Cambridge MIT Corner King Room

For dinner, we went to Cantina Italiana in North End. I attempted to try other restaurants but the wait was too long and the kids were too hungry. The restaurant had availability and the food was good despite not knowing anything about the restaurant. The service was rushed but the food was good. I enjoyed my seafood ravioli. The gnocchi was ok but the pasta specialties were good. The restaurant didn't offer the dessert menu so clearly not interested in giving us that option. It was fine since I had grabbed some cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory earlier in the day at the Cambridge Mall.

In the morning, we had breakfast buffet at Amuse inside the Le Meridien. Overall, I enjoy a cook to order option. They will make pancakes and omelets to order which is sufficient for me. Afterwards, visited the MIT Science Museum before grabbing lunch at Shaking Crab for a lobster roll and ice cream from Honeycomb Creamery. I enjoyed the lobster roll from this restaurant more than I did from Stephanie on Newbury's. The various flavors from Honeycomb was interesting but I ended up enjoying the port cherry vanilla the most. The coffee toffee, strawberry pistachio, honey and oats flavors were good but I would not go back for seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City