Mammoth

With all the snow this season, I wanted to go out to Mammoth Mountain Resort. With such a long drought, it has been awhile since I've last been to this mountain. A one day turnaround trip started out at 9 pm and I ended up stopping in Bishop for an early morning quick sleep at Motel 6 Bishop. I've stayed at a number of hotels at Bishop but never the Motel 6. The hotel underwent renovations four years ago and the decor was simple but nice. The rooms are very large here.
Motel 6 Bishop King Room
The hotel also offers discounts at the Denny's across the street and Upper Crust down the street. Had I known, I would have stayed at Motel 6 more often! Ordered a quick breakfast from Denny's before heading to Eagle Lodge.

Luckily, I bumped into a group looking to sell their extra ticket from Costco. I hadn't realized how much Mammoth had increased their lift ticket prices and the $95 I spent was well worth the savings. After trying to break in my new snowboard boots, I did take a break and had a mocha and baked potato with chili from the lodge. I had not had the baked potato chili in the past. I highly recommend, it was great for a cold day to eat the hot potato and chili at same time.

Passing through Bishop again, I opted to make pit stops at Upper Crust, Antojitas, and Schat's Bakery. At Upper Crust on 1180 N Main St, Bishop, CA 93514, I ordered the chicken wings and pizza. The chicken wings were good but not quite what I remembered. The pizza was tasty as well. I noticed on Yelp a place that sold elote. So I visited Antojitos Hipocampus on 205 Grove St, Bishop, CA 93514. I was too full from Upper Crust to get the elote so I opted for a Chamango drink instead. Of course, I stopped at Erick Schat's Bakkery for some chili cheese bread. I also tried the dipped stroopwafels. I'd get the stroopwafels again.
Chamango at Antojitos Hipocampus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City