San Francisco

Volunteering for a professional organization and was flown on United to San Francisco and visited University of San Francisco. Since this was a professional trip, my time in SF was limited to seeing USF and its downtown campus. The weather was also intrepid with a fair amount of rain for a day.

I stayed at the Metro Hotel and was the first of my group to arrive. As such, the owner was nice enough to let me choose the room out of the room block. I opted for a nicely decorated (but rather dark) room that had some nooks for working on a computer. The room given was not very big, it was super cosy especially when sharing the room. My spouse came up for a night and it was a little touch and go. It was also interesting that the sink was outside in the sleeping area. I've never brushed my teeth and sit on a bed at the same time. The location is great if you wanted to stay in the Pacific Heights area and the hotel rates are super cheap.
Metro Hotel Queen Room

The hotel is conveniently located off several bus lines making it relatively easy to navigate the city. I took the line up a mile to B. Patisserie. I have often gone in Waikiki and I finally made it to the original store. It is super busy and the bakery smells delicious. I believe the owner helped me when I ordered pastries. The vibe was nice.
B. Patisserie Counter

Down the street is also Bi-Rite Market. I have always known of the creamery but did not realize they were also local grocers. All this time, I thought you could only get ice cream from the creamery location (and I think the soft serve is only available there). The takeout food counter is pretty robust and the options are very good.

I also took a trip to downtown to get a quick bite at Roy's. I had a small appetizer of the bone marrow and wedge salad. Both were tasty.
Roy's Bone Marrow

I went to dinner with the USF folks at YaYa Cuisine (Jannah). I think the restaurant renamed itself to Jannah but there are plenty of "Ya Ya" references. A little confusing. This Persian restaurant is popular amongst the USF faculty and the meal was good. The desserts were interesting as well. The table ordered an assortment and I enjoyed the phyllo pastries the most.

Quick muffin at Sweet Joanna's before heading to my meetings. Quick note, there is a minimum $5 charge for credit card so I had a muffin and tea. Had lunch with the USF folks at Boulevard. I ordered the salmon special and enjoyed my meal. Later, I had dinner at Perry's. Given the day's meals, I opted for soup (chowder) and salad. Both were really good.

On my way out of SF, I opted to use my Priority Pass at Yankee Pier and had an early dinner. The food is pricey but with the food subsidy, it turns out fairly reasonable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City