Frankfurt


I had a short overnight layover in Frankfurt coming from Naples. After landing into Frankfurt Airport from Lufthansa, I found the city trains into the city. I didn't board the subway correctly but still ended up close enough to walk to the Hilton Frankfurt City Centre.
Hilton Frankfurt City Centre King Room

The hotel is interesting in that the executive lounge is the foyer area of the elevators. You literally have to go through the lounge to get to your room. On the bright side, I was able to munch in my room because I was so close to the lounge. The view was actually nicer from my room than the lounge. Overall, it was a good choice to go into the city rather than stay out by the airport as originally planned. When I saw my friends the next day a bit frazzled trying to catch the flight (they had an hour layover from Naples), I was glad my itinerary had me get to Frankfurt the day before.

For a first time visit, I found the city charming in its architecture and the people friendly. I looked around to see if there were anything historical to check out. There was a local bridge that was rebuilt after being bombed in WWII. I didn't really find the bridge that impressive but it is now trivia knowledge for me.


It is also very diverse in people and cuisines available. I ended up checking out McDonald's only because I wanted a McRib. Although after getting it back to the hotel, I was surprised that it didn't have the same texture and taste as in America. So I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad but I didn't care for it. I did enjoy my fried pies (raspberry and apple).
German McDonald's


The one thing I have found surprising one this trip is that the Lufthansa Lounges really try to direct me to the Senator Lounges even when shared with Business Lounge. I've seen the attendants tell me to go to Senator but direct others to the Business Lounge. Maybe I'm not dressed enough for the crowd but it certainly feels that they don't want me to go despite having the ability to go.

On the outbound flight, I was in business class on Lufthansa Airlines. I enjoyed the flight and the space. Who can really complain about business class? I did find it interesting that you're provided a "mattress pad." It is essentially a mini cotton blanket that you can put down on your seat when fully laid down. For really tall people, there is a lot of legroom. I couldn't get to the end even if I tried.
1st person view of Business Class section of Lufthansa flight


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City