Cabo San Lucas

 I'm on a roll and headed out to my first international WFH trip. Surprisingly, United decided to fly direct from the west coast to San Jose del Cabo International Airport. The airport seems to be undergoing renovations. On the outbound trip, the food options were less as the fast food options were removed. I couldn't tell if there was new construction behind the wall or if it was permanent. I was able to buy some candy souvenirs from the little market. Otherwise, it was slim pickings for food options as everyone was in line for the sit down restaurants.

With the State Department tacitly greenlighting Cabo, I was happy to continue holding my Fiesta Americana Los Cabo reservation. The hotel website isn't the greatest when it comes to outlining the amenities on site. For the HGVC timeshare owners, the all inclusive food and beverage fee is now required for the entire stay. Before you could opt in and on specific days. 

Since I was WFH during this stay, I didn't do much activities outside of the resort. With the all-inclusive fee, I also ordered ALOT of room service. For breakfast and lunch, it was easier than walking over to the restaurants to get meals. In addition, the restaurants are the kitchens for room service so you don't miss out on too much.

For breakfast, you can opt for the buffet breakfast or order the items you want to your room. For most mornings, I opted to go down to the buffet. All items were served to you and you don't handle any food. It was hard sometimes to explain to the person that I only want a small side of dulce de leche or if it can be drizzled on the waffle. Or when the servers want to take your plate away before you can finish. Minor inconveniences really. 

For lunch, I usually opted for fish tacos, flan, and queso. You can't really go wrong with these items.

For dinner, I ate at Blue and El Mexicano. My favorite dish was the seasonal fish on risotto at Blu. I also enjoyed the flaming mexican coffee at El Mexicano. The flaming coffee is a sugar rimmed glass of hot coffee with tequila and amaretto affogato style. Totally delicious and entertaining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City