With little snafus, my group made their way to LAX and boarded the United Flight to Tokyo. Our little group was scattered throughout the plane, couple of us was in business class, one in economy plus, and rest in economy. I snucked back to the other sections of the plane to give my friends the little alcohol bottles and ghiradelli chocolates. I've never been to Japan (if you don't count the number of layovers through Narita in my previous travels). Went through customs and got my first Japanese visa stamp. True to the stereotype, even the visas are 'advanced.' No stamps, stickers with some type of barcode. Got to the train station easily enough. I have to admit, mass transit is easy in Japan. Took a bullet train to Kyoto, it reminded me of a very upscale and cleaner version of the Amtrak system. After getting into the Kyoto station, we traversed miles of stairs both up and down to get to the subway station to get to our Ryokan. I was initially worried that our late arr...
Comments