San Francisco (second time)



I'm back again and staying at the Palace Hotel. I can see why the hotel was designated a historic landmark. I do like the hotel, spacious rooms and very high ceilings. The conference food is above average. :D Another plus is that it sits right in front of the Montgomery Bart station. I know some people really like the Westin St. Francis but I would stay at the Palace hands down for the prices both hotels quote.

My only complaint is the pool and fitness area. Both could use a revamp, they might even get more guests to their hotel spa if the area was given a makeover.

Had good dinners at Washington Bar & Grill and Unicorn. The "washbag" is on Powell and Union, the italian fare was pretty good. The bread pudding was very good, better if it was actually hot.

Unicorn is a "pan asian fusion" restaurant. I'm always skeptical about Vietnamese fusion but I was pleasantly suprised by the tastiness of our dishes. Far better than Crustacean or Slanted Door and not as pricey. The desserts were ok, the poached pear was good but the fried bananas could have stayed in the fryer a little longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City