San Francisco

Went to the Cal game and after suffering through 4 hours of rain, saw 'SC win the game. Thank goodness, I would have been hella pissed to sit through that miserable stadium to see us lose. I have to say that the Cal stadium pales in comparison to the Coliseum. Bench seating and the only concessions available are Subway and hot dogs and portable bathrooms. Yech.

I have had people tell me the greatness of living in SF compared to LA especially regarding traffic. I have to admit that I find it flawed. Having been to SF a zillion times now and actively take mass transit in this city, I don't see how people can gripe about traffic in LA. SF is only about 7 miles wide or long and it can take you an hour to go from one end to the other via mass transit or car (same goes for NYC). Granted, there are parts of LA that are horrendous to get through but not nearly as bad as people think. Although, the gas prices in the bay area would make anyone pause about every owning a car up here.....


Went to Chinatown for dinner one night. Decided chinese would be good and ended up at a Thai restaurant. Ironic but the "food review" posted by the restaurant sounded decent and the prices were cheap. Thai Chef off of Columbus was pretty tasty. Yellow curry was pretty mild and I liked the mango with sticky rice.

Stayed at the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf. I feel all the hotels in this area are very similar. I only say that because I've stayed at the Sheraton as well. The continental breakfast is almost ok at the Hilton. :D Although the $10 upcharge for hot foods in the buffet is a little outrageous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City