Santa Clara

I came up to Santa Clara for a personal business trip. It was a quick trip but I did stay at Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley/San Jose. The hotel is an extended stay type. Not my typical choice for hotel lodgings but I did find the experience serviceable. The room was spacious and the kitchenette was well designed. There was a strong bleach smell in the bathroom but I did feel confidence that the bathroom was clean. :)

The hotel doesn't have transportation despite being right next to the San Jose International Airport. There is a free city bus shuttle that runs around the airport and ends at the Amtrak station. Conveniently, the hotel is right next to the Amtrak station. The downside of being next to the train tracks is that the rooms are not as noise insulated as it could be. If you're a light sleeper, ask for rooms that is furthest from the tracks.

The one perk I liked about Candlewood is that there is a DVD collection available for all hotel guests. I guess that makes up for the lack of breakfast options. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City