Laguna Beach

Went on a short road trip to Laguna Beach. At this time of year, it isn't normally beach weather but pleasant to wander the boardwalk or Main Street. On this trip, I was here for a wedding at the seven4one hotel. It is largely a venue for weddings. The rooms were nice and had a modern feel. I had some time to spare to hit the Star Nails at 1050 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 to get a pedicure. The service was professional and thorough. They even comped my nail art because I was waiting.

On the first night, I had dinner at Canaleto Ristorante. Only after visiting the website did I realize this is the same restaurant group as I'll Fornaio. It has been a very long time since I've been at Il Fornaio and Canaleto does remind me of their sister restaurant. The steak I had was good. Only because my alternative was gnocchi or salmon did I opt for steak. It doesn't beat steakhouses but it was tasty. The tiramisu was typical of any Italian restaurant.

The next day went to Thai Bros at 238 Laguna Ave, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 for lunch. Met up with some friends and enjoyed a pretty authentic meal. I liked that the waiter made my dishes spicy beyond what the locals could handle. Definitely would visit if I was in the area.

The hotel venue has its own catering crew and the night was filled with hors d'oeuvres and cupcakes.

The next day, breakfast was takeout from Orange Inn. My breakfast burrito was filling. The muffins are pretty tasty and their signature smoothie was very good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City