Park City

Took a long weekend trip to Park City. Jumped on an United Airlines flight through Denver to get to Salt Lake City. On my way to Denver, I was given a thank you note from the airline stewardess from the captain. Interesting gesture, not sure if random or not. On the bright side, my connecting leg was upgraded to first and it was nice for the hour in air.

I grabbed my Nissan Versa from Thrifty. I had booked their specialty random car and thought it was funny that the Versa was the choice. On my way to Sunrise Lodge, I stopped at R&R BBQ. I grabbed a three meat plate with chopped brisket, bbq chicken, and ribs. It was all delicious as last time. I was able to make three meals from this order.

At the Sunrise, I was in a studio room outfitted with a kitchenette. It was good that I stopped at Smith’s to grab water and juice. I was able to stick them in the fridge and chip away at my bbq for the next 24 hours. Spent my days at Canyons Resort snowboarding. The Lodge is an easy walk to the Red Pine Gondola. There is a closer smaller lift but all it does is take you down to the Gondola. Being on a snowboard, it is a bigger pain to put on and then take off the snowboard. So I opted to walking directly to the Gondola.

On my final day in Park City, I ventured out in the morning to LuAnn’s Cupcakes because I thought it was interesting that a bakery was attached to a radiator shop. I ordered vanilla and red velvet cupcakes and a pan of salted caramel brownies. The owner was nice enough to ask what type of  frosting I wanted on the cupcakes - buttercream or cream cheese. I opted for cream cheese. It was tasty enough for the area.

For dinner, I decided to grab snacks along the way and stopped at Bakery at Windy City and Ritual. I grabbed an assortment of desserts and chicken pot pie from Windy City. I ordered some truffles and campfire hot chocolate - graham crackers topped with marshmallows - from Ritual. Went down the street and ordered dinner at Sammy’s Bistro. I ordered the Chivito Club Sandwich featured on Diners Dives and Drive-Ins. The sandwich was really good, the bun could have been toasted for extra upmh. I also ordered the bread pudding. I liked the salted caramel but I took half home and may attempt to crisp it up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City