San Luis Obispo

Went on a road trip North to San Luis Obispo. There was travel deal by the city chamber of commerce. They would give out $100 to visitors staying for two nights in the town. I thought it was a great way to subsidize an inexpensive stay and start my Hilton stays for the year. Checked into the Hampton Inn and Suites San Luis Obispo. The last time I stayed here was for a wedding in 2014. In this stay, the front desk was nice enough to give me a junior suite. Worked out well since I also came down with the flu and ended up staying in for most of the weekend.

Due to my poor health, I didn’t really do much in SLO. I was able to get breakfast at Del Monte Cafe at 1901 Santa Barbara St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401. I enjoyed my Stuffed French Toast, the strawberries really made the dish. I also liked that I could get linguica on the side. For dinner, I went to Firestone Grill and ordered the ABC burger and tri tip sandwich. I didn’t need two entrees but I figured I could have the tri tip for lunch the next day. Both were good but I would stick with the tri tip sandwich. It appears popular with the college students. I also stopped at the 24 hours SloDoCo for some doughnuts. Overall, they were average doughnuts with interesting flavor combinations. Again, another popular college spot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City