Carlsbad

Headed to Carlsbad to check out the area and visit Legoland. Checked into the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa. I have not had to chance to stay in a three bedroom configuration before this trip. I was pleasantly surprised at the size and layout of the unit. The master was good with its own shower, the other two bedrooms shared a bathroom. I think the bathroom could have been a tad bigger given the two rooms had to share. One of the bedrooms was a king room and the other was a double/twin combination. That bedroom is clearly designed for kids. The only downside was that the building did not have elevators and the laundry units are communal.
HGVC MarBrisa Three Bedroom Unit Living Room

The itinerary for the weekend was to relax and explore the Carlsbad area. During this trip, visited Legoland. I didn't know that the first park is located in Denmark and that the Carlsbad location is their third park behind the Florida location. The hotel has a private entrance within the property shared with the Sheraton. My location was not near the main part of the hotel but the staff was quick with the golf carts and will do pickups from your building. Overall, I enjoyed my second trip here and opted to buy the annual pass at Costco. I guess I'll be back.

For meals, visited Phil's BBQ and Teri Café. I've heard about this Phil's for a long time and am still unconvinced BBQ can really be as good as Texas or the South. I did enjoy the beef ribs which is unusual given that I don't like beef ribs for its chewiness. The folks at Phil's can do it right. Everything else is good but I don't know if I would wait in that line all the time. Teri Café is popular enough to have two locations within a mile of each other and the food was good. Filling and pleasant, it is a good spot and has a bar. Other than that, spent most of the time on property and eating in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City