Oahu

On a segment run for United and ended up back in Waikiki for a quick weekend trip with my cousin. Since I wasn't trying to stay long, it was a quick two night at the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach. Without a car, I think it is better to stay at this end of Waikiki and even learned of a new part of the beach that I enjoyed. I didn't realize that the waters are calmer by the park and had always assumed that the entire beach had the same level of roughness. The hotel also offers access to free beach chairs to a third party vendor and they are conveniently located across the street from the beach. 

I did spend a day driving around the island with a Zipcar. Although make sure you key in your correct return time as the penalty is more expensive than the extra hour you need.

Dining

Arancini di Mare - I tried their squid ink pasta. I am always willing to try squid ink pasta as it isn’t normally on many Italian menus and was happy to have enjoyed the dish. The pizza my friend ordered was also tasty. 

Kona Coffee Purveyors - Always a favorite of mine and happy to introduce someone to this coffee shop as I continue to enjoy the koign ammans from B. Patisserie.

Leonard's - I’m on the fence of being a fan or just going because it is iconic but had to make the pit stop for my friend to have a malasada.

Shiro's Saimin Haven - Local friend took me and my travel partner to this local favorite. They have a dine in area and a take out window, we opted to order take out and enjoy the afternoon at my friend’s house and the view of Pearl Harbor.

Baldwin's Sweet Shop - Located on 98-040 Kamehameha Hwy Ste 12 Aiea, HI 96701 is near to Shiro’s and I’m always a fan of snack shops.

Diamond Market & Grill - On our way around the island, made a pit stop at this local market/grill and picked up some mix plates and desserts. Overall, can’t complain with any of the food options offered at Diamond.

Joe's Grill Express - Located on 3131 N Nimitz Hwy #109, Honolulu, HI 96819. With a lot of drive inns closing either due to the pandemic or retirements, it seems that the changing face of Hawaiian ‘diners’ is on the demise at least in Honolulu. Overall, I enjoyed the plate lunch ordered. My partner and I ended up stopping at a Zippy’s parking lot to eat food and it gave me an opportunity to order some snacks and drinks from Zippy’s. Although had I known I was going to end up at Zippy’s, I would have just ordered from Zippy’s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City