Seattle

I ran to back to the airport after landing from Maui to take a short overnight trip to Seattle. I had mistimed my dates and I wasn't able to get into Seattle earlier on Alaska Airlines. I think this is my first time flying Alaska? For a cost carrier, the flight was good. It is cheap to buy a business seat and get the amenities you need if you wanted to be treated like a high flying frequent flier.

Given the quick turnaround, I didn't see much of Seattle but what I did see was very quiet in the downtown and Pike Marketplace area. I haven't been to the city since pre-pandemic and it doesn't have the hustle as before. Even the homeless groups were quiet.

I did opt to take mass transit as the cost of taxi/uber was out the door. It ended up working out as the train took about the same time as a car would and I didn't have to sit in awkward silence. 

Unfortunately, I had canceled the wrong date of my hotel reservation and the one I had active was for the following day. The hotel was nice enough to cancel the reservation but did not have any occupany available. So I hurriedly looked online and found a better priced but further out hotel - Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square. For a quick stay, the hotel is very efficient. I was even given a corner room with two queens AND early check in. Bonus points on that!

Marriot Courtyard Seattle Downtown Two Queens Room

Dining

Pho 4 You - My event was at the convention center and so meal breaks were limited to what I grabbed from the hotel or on my walk from the hotel to the convention center. Pho 4 You is down the street and I thought it would be a nice break to have some vietnamese noodle soup. Now that I'm attempting to make pho more often, I appreciate how much effort it takes to make pho authentically. Very tiny venue and overwhelmed by the conventioneers, I opted to share a table in order to speed up service and enjoyed my pho dac biet.

Tiger Sugar - I ended up walking past a boba shop and I decided to get a boba. It is a little too sweet for my taste but popular for the non-boba knowing crowd or kids.

Drunken Pocha & Pizza - Located on 108 Occidental Ave S Seattle, WA 98104 and down the street from the Courtyard, I was in search of dinner options and the concept of korean bbq and pizza got me piqued to walk over and pick up a pie. It was good pizza and definitely something I would go back to try again. I had the bulgogi pizza.

Drunken Pocha & Pizza Bulgogi Pizza


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City