New York City

 Went to New York for a work conference. Snagged a flight on United Airlines into Newark Liberty International Airport. I haven't stayed at the New York Hilton Midtown in probably over a decade at this point and re-familiarized myself on this trip. Even though it is post-Covid, I found the city quiet. Busier than during the height of the pandemic but the impact of remote work is definitely felt in the city. Except for my lyft ride. I had decided that I was better off trying to get driven into the city versus taking the subway/train. Unfortunately, my driver got dinged by a construction vehicle and had to take a hit on the vehicle. It was not a good morning for him.

The Hilton allowed me to check-in early. It was nice since I had taken a redeye and was in the city fairly early in the morning. As many Hiltons have been moving away from executive lounges, I was pleasantly surprised that this Hilton retained it. Likely due to the international clientele.

Hilton Midtown King Room

Given my work commitments, I only ventured into the city for meals.

Dominique Ansel - I had preordered cronuts and picked up a few pastries as well. Overall, I'm beginning to lose interest in the cronut but I do still enjoy his other pastries.

Ubani - I decided to try some Georgian (russian) food and ordered the Imeruli.

Ubani Restaurant

DD Soup Dumpling - located at 321 W 42nd St., #1A. Wandering around the area and I was looking at Google Maps and saw the restaurant was open and reviewed fairly positively. After finishing my meal, the waitress informed me if I gave them a review they would give me $10 off my meal. I promptly did a Google review so it does explain why there is so many reviews on Yelp etc.

DD Soup Dumpling
DD Soup Dumpling
Swingers Crazy Golf - A local friend joined me in going to this venue. My conference opted to have an evening reception and I found myself enjoying indoor miniature golf. The food was also good considering it was for over 300 people.

Absolute Bagels - located at 2788 Broadway, I wanted to see if my go-to NYC bagel shop could be ousted from being my go-to. I ordered the garlic with lox spread and it was good but I still liked David's Bagels. It also isn't the easiest to get to from Midtown and so I would rather go to David's than Absolute. There was a line and I think it is because of the college students that seem to favor this neighborhood bagel shop.

Ten Thousand Coffee - the Einspanner is delicious and drew me back for seconds the following day. It is a little pricey but better than the other coffee shops at the same price point.
10000 Coffee Einspanner
Paris Baguette - On my way out of the city, I grabbed some light pastries and sandwich for the plane. Given my food options on plane, it was better if I could get something before arriving to the airport. Since it was down the street from 10000 coffee, it was an easy stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City