Pittsburgh

Flew to Pittsburgh International Airport on United for a work conference. I have never been on this side of Pennsylvania and it is certainly different from Philadelphia. Checked into the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. It is one of the oldest hotels in the city and the architecture is impressive. It wasn’t close to my event but I liked the ambiance. The hotel got busier on the weekend when a wedding was happening.

Overall, the room was fairly standard but the bathroom was unusual with a tabletop bathroom sink and the very large window with the toilet next to it. It was also the accessible room so I’m assuming the odd placement was for the accessibility needs. Although I had to be careful of the shower since the bathroom could easily get flooded with no ledge to keep the water in.

Renaissance Pittsburgh Bathroom



Renaissance Pittsburgh Bathroom Window

The hotel restaurant offers some solid breakfast options and I greatly enjoyed my sandwich. If you are platinum or titanium, the breakfast option is solid here.
Renaissance Pittsburgh Cafe


Dining

Primanti’s Bros. Restaurant & Bar - One of the iconic entree from Pittsburgh is the pastrami sandwich. I didn’t opt for the pastrami, I went for the burger. In hindsight, I would suggest the pastrami.

Primanti's Burger Sandwich

Iron Born Pizza & Pasta - I would argue that this is a Detroit style pizza, the restaurant says Sicilian style pizza. Either way, the pizza is awesome (I like thick pizzas) and they also have great local cider selection.

Iron Born Pizza Sicilian



Wigle Whiskey Distillery - I haven’t come across many whiskey distilleries and I was intrigued. They have a restaurant tasting room and I had dinner with a flight of whiskey. All the food items were very good and the whiskey was tasty as well. Highly recommend!

Wigle Whiskey Distillery

Arsenal Cider House & Wine Cellar - I do love the combination of cider houses, breweries, and distilleries in one city. If nothing, Pittsburgh does enjoy its libations. I tried several of their bottles and brought one home as they do not sell outside of the state.

Millie’s Homemade Ice Cream - After visiting the cidery, I enjoyed a lovely honeycomb scoop of ice cream.

Millie's Ice Cream

As I was here for work, I didn’t have much activity in the city outside of eating. I was able to visit the Senator John Heinz Museum. As the home of the Heinz family, it was interesting to check out the museum. I didn’t get to every floor but I love ketchup and had to see what memorabilia there was.


Senator John Heinz Museum Food Display













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City