Bangkok

So I made it finally.....Although I've heard about Suvarnabuam (sp?) airport is new, I find the new Bangkok Airport fairly cold and uninviting. Maybe they'll work on it some more..... I also fell for the lamest scam ever. In my confusion of getting out of the airport and looking for public transportation, I fell prey to the taxi drivers who wait outside the arrival terminal. After seeing a sign for a private limo for 900 baht, the offer of 700 baht seemed like a decent deal. Afterwards, I found out that most taxi rides cost around 400 to 500 baht including the tolls and airport surcharges. There are airport shuttle buses that will run 150 baht or you can take mass transit for 70 baht (combination of BMTA and Skytrain/subway).

I've officially crashed. Made a quickie massage appt and am going to bed at 10 pm. :) Royal Orchid Sheraton is very cool. Apparently, this hotel is one of the nicest in the city.
The US Dollar travels far. Used to travel farther pre-Bush. Republicans, bah. Currently, the exchange is about 35 Baht to US Dollar...I've heard it used to be 50 baht to US Dollar. The only people making a killing is the Brits....I think it is 70-ish baht to the Pound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City