Mass transit in Bangkok

I realized I had forgotten a package at the airport and decided to take mass transit. Word to the wise, do not get distracted by all the taxi drivers hanging around the airport trying to get you into their taxis.

The BTS Skytrain is fairly easy and quick. Faster and nicer than the L in Chicago. Unfortunately, they haven't completed the connection to the airport (2008 according to the literature). There are several airport buses at certain Skytrain terminals and I took one. Oddest thing, they give you little bus tickets but you can't transfer. I think it is for a return trip but I haven't figured it out yet.

By the time my airport errand was over, I was back at the hotel around midday and decided to chill at the pool. Hotel is pretty nice as it sits along the river (Chayra River -sp?).

My plans for going to the night bazaar was waylayed by my laziness. Wanted to take a nap and ended up falling asleep and waking up at 5 am the next day. There goes my plans for the night bazaar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City