Ha Long Bay

Made it to Ha Long Bay after a 3 hour drive. It was a pleasant enough drive. The one thing that caught my eye was a motorcycle (the biggest engine possible in Vietnam is 150 cc) with four LIVE pigs strapped onto the back. Amazing what people will do to transport things.

The city itself is pretty small. A lot of contsruction. Apparently, the area is trying to develop itself as a resort town given the number of hotel construction and a "pier" area. The closest thing I can think of is that the city is trying to create a Santa Monica pier feel. Sigh, the progression of capitalism. Tomorrow, we're suppose to go on the boat and see more of the bay. Hopefully, the natural landscape will be more appealing.

We're staying a relatively new hotel with views of the bay. My parents have the pimped out room while us children are relegated to normal size rooms. Considering how empty this place is, I think we should ALL get pimped out rooms. The one good thing I can say is that I've found a wireless network to tap into. Fast as dial up but free is free. Yay.

Other curious thoughts:
1) Vietnamese women are prettier than the average Thai, Korean, and Japanese women I've seen so far. I'm not trying to be bias though....

2) How is everyone NOT dying from lung cancer given the level of pollution?

3) The customer service level is unbelievable. Always around, they also like to hang about and watch us. Kinda creepy.

4) People love their horns around here. I thought New Yorkers were bad. At least no cussing....

Comments

TQ said…
No bias huh?

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City