Bangkok

I feel like I've walked at least 10 miles today. Left the hotel at 9 am and didn't return until 7 pm. I only felt lost a handful of times. I consider that a good thing considering I had only a 'tourist' map and going by my Fodor's descriptions from memory. I've learned a couple of things today while sightseeing Bangkok.

1) The internet access at the hotel seems arbitrary. I can access most websites but I can't access my webmail or yahoo messenger. Is this censorship?

2) Hustlers are everywhere in Bangkok.

3) The amount of traffic congestion in Bangkok can be attributed to 3 groups - tuk tuk drivers, taxis, and buses. Half the time the tuk tuks and taxis seem empty. Makes you wonder why there is so much traffic if no one really needs to get anywhere? There are also ALOT of scooters.

4) Asian drivers developed their bad driving habits at home and bring it to other countries. No one pays attention to lights nor possesses any driving etiquettes.

5) Food handling concepts are uniquely American. I don't think any of the street vendors would ever make it in the States. Surprisingly, I have not been sick eating random stuff all day long. :)

6) I am officially hooked on sticky rice with mango.

7) McDonald's outside of continental North America fries the apple pies!! I like the asian take in Bangkok - vanilla custard with some type of fruit.

8) Mangos in Asia rock.

9) Conservation is not a priority in Thailand....at least in the way they do business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City