Last leg in Saigon

My parents and siblings left a couple of days ago and am hanging out with family on my mother's side. Doing random sightseeing and remnant souvenir shopping for my siblings. Hanging out with Grandma and cousins. I think I'm having dinner with an uncle. Some of my cousins speak way too fast and is hard for me to keep up on what's going on. Am enjoying some days of rest before heading out to Thailand. Today, I found out two things - good and bad. Good - USC beat the Wolverines in the Rose Bowl!! Bad - one of my upstairs neighbors flooded out their apartment and I may have suffered some damage.

The humidity and heat is beginning to get to me. I can't imagine what the summers are like here. Being away for this long in this weather in a developing country gives me a greater appreciation for living in Los Angeles. The biggest difference I have found between the two countries is that no one in Vietnam goes home hungry or shelterless. No matter how poor, you can live in some kind of shelter and get some food.

Comments

Allison said…
Enjoying your blog. Also clicked on a few ads for your profit-making! Hope to talk to you soon when you get back. Happy New Year!
betty said…
Thanks, we'll catch up. Late response... :) Happy belated birthday!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City