Heading to Chiang Mai

These past few days with my family on my mom's side has been fun. I much prefer them to my father's side.... :o


At this point, I've met almost all my aunts and uncles from my mom's side and an assortment of cousins. I ended up missing dinner with my uncle as he was working late. But I did hang out with his daughter who was my age but married with two kids... YIKES. They've all been super nice in showing me the city and I've been having fun riding on the Hondo bikes. I always forgot to bring my camera to videotape the backseat view of the crazy congestion and driving habits of Saigon. Oh well....


I stayed at my 2nd cousin's house where Grandma was also staying and both aimed at stuffing me with as much food as possible. Which wasn't much by their standards. I kept hearing how my sister eats more than I do....


Took off for Thailand yesterday and took an overnight train to Chiang Mai from Bangkok. The trains are pretty cool. A friend suggested I get the 1st class tickets but they were gone by the time I booked my ticket. Not being in 1st class wasn't bad. It reminded me of hostelling in Australia except on a moving vehicle. Unfortunately, the train left late and I've lost most of the day because of the delay. On the bright side, I ended up sitting next to a group of three women. Two sisters and their niece. Only one can speak English and we ended up hitting it off. I think we have plans on meeting up later this evening and checking out Chiang Mai.



At the moment, I'm sitting in the Sheraton's lobby waiting for my room to be ready. Booooo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Orleans

Salt Lake and Park City

Park City